Filing Requirements in Spain
Accounts filing requirements and legal obligations
- All private companies (SA and SL) must file their
accounts before July 31th.
- Community property, individual business and Some
cooperatives, are not obliged to file their accounts at the
- To be a small company:
- Annual turnover must be 10 million € or
- The number of employees must be between 10 and 49.
- Small companies must file:
- Abbreviated balance sheet and notes.
- To be a medium company:
- Annual turnover must be 50 million € or
- The number of employees must be between 50 and
- Medium companies must file:
- Balance of the situation and Profit and Loss
Credit report content
The reports are updated on a daily basis and include where
- Registration information including address, registration
date, number etc
- Contact details including website etc, where
- Credit recommendations, where financial data has been
- Type of company, size and trading status
- Financial data and key ratios (if filed)
- Shareholders and share capital
- Associated companies
- Public records
- General information, including reporter comments.
Official documents available
Copies of original legal documents filed at the company
registry. Documents are in the official local language and
certified translations can be arranged if required. Please
us to order documents.
- Name search
- Filed Accounts
All the mercantile acts occurred in the “life
cycle” of a Company (like constitution, registry data,
name, address, share capital movements…).
DOCE (European Bulletin)
BOE (Spanish national bulletin)
Provincial and regional bulletins.
Official bulletin of Industrial Property (BOPI).
Top ten important newspapers.
Financial information, through the mercantile register.
Company types registered in Spain
The sociedade por quotas de responsabilidade limitada (Lda)
is a Private Limited Company
The sociedade anonima de responsabilidade limidada (SA) is a
Public Limited Company.
The sociedade em nome collectivo is a general partnership.
Ansvarling selskap (ANS) is a general partnership.
The sociedade em comandita is a limited partnership.